Code of Conduct
“Be kind; everyone is on their own journey” – Daniel Ek
By attending any iPDX event, you agree voluntarily to abide by our ethics policy.
Harassment and Safety: iPDX is dedicated to providing a safe, hospitable, and productive environment for everyone attending our events regardless of ethnicity, religion, disability, physical appearance, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. A community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is neither healthy nor productive. Accordingly, iPDX prohibits intimidating, threatening, or harassing conduct during our events. This policy applies to speakers, staff, volunteers, and attendees. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at iPDX leadership discretion.
Harassment of iPDX participants will not be tolerated in any form. Harassment includes offensive gestures or verbal comments related to ethnicity, religion, disability, physical appearance, gender, or sexual orientation in public/remote spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome attention. Also, online harassment includes spamming online discussion boards, chats, question sections of a presentation, or social media by saying or reposting the same word/content repeatedly to disrupt the conversation. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant or exhibitor engages in harassing behavior, iPDX leadership may take any action they deem appropriate, ranging from a simple warning to the offender to expulsion from this and future events. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact iPDX staff who can work with appropriate iPDX leadership to resolve the situation.
iPDX staff will revoke meeting credentials for anyone engaged in online harassment and may seek law enforcement assistance if necessary. We value your attendance and want to make your experience as productive and professionally stimulating as possible.
- Communicate openly with respect and consideration for others, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, volunteers, sponsors, hosts, and staff members.
- When appropriate, be mindful of your fellow participants. Alert staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Respect the rules and policies of the online virtual platform, mobile app, or any other venue.
- Request permission from speakers before screen capturing or taking photographs of their presentation.
- Turn off any microphones, ringers, or otherwise disrupting devices during all talks, panels, and workshops.
It is important that our meeting be a place where no attendee or staff is ever bullied, belittled, criticized, or made to feel unsafe. The following behavior will not be tolerated:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical, written, or verbal abuse of any attendees, participants, volunteers, sponsors, hosts, staff members, service providers, or other meeting guests.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal or chat comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces, in presentations or online, threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff member, service provider or other meeting guests.